Find and remove .AppleDouble after recovering file from broken NAS drive

Edit
After being thrilled I could recover files from the hard disk of a broken NAS, I tried to copy those files back to a new RAID 1 setup-ed NAS. However, here comes another problem! MacOS finder keep saying there is a ".AppleDouble" folder that prevent me from copying my files to the new location. Then I did some googling and find this superb way to remove all those ".AppleDouble" folder.
The method described below will find and delete all and .AppleDouble directories. This can help to avoid clutter on a networked drives.
1. Open Terminal.
2. Go to the needed directory, example:
cd your_folder
3. And then execute this command:
find ./ -depth -name ".AppleDouble" -exec rm -Rf {} \;
These commands search in every subdirectory, starting from the current directory.

source : Find and remove .DS_Store and .AppleDouble | My Cyber Universe


Find and remove .AppleDouble after recovering file from broken NAS drive Find and remove .AppleDouble after recovering file from broken NAS drive Reviewed by DF on 11:18:00 PM Rating: 5
©DF. Powered by Blogger.